1factory recognizes the following characteristics as being of type GD&T. Measurement data collected for these characteristics is expected to be non-normal, and process capability calculations are adjusted accordingly (See Process Capability Calculations for more details).
- Flatness (also known as Planarity)
- Profile of a Line
- Profile of a Surface
- Positional Tolerance (also known as Position or True Position)
- Circular Run-out
- Total Run-out
Here are the steps to create a GD&T characteristic:
- Selecting one of the above from the characteristics table (e.g. position)
- Make sure that Characteristic Type is set to GD&T
- Entering the geometric tolerance in the +Tol field (e.g. +Tol = 0.005)
- Set Bonus Tolerance to MMC or LMC as needed. (e.g. MMC)
- Leave the Nominal and -Tol values empty. 1factory will default these values to 0.
For example, to define a position tolerance like this:
Set up your specification like this: