Customers working with ITAR or country-specific controlled data can request two additional features:
1. Part Classification as ITAR: With this feature enabled, customers can flag individual parts as ITAR=Yes (on the Part Master page). Once a part is flagged as ITAR=Yes, 1factory team members are prevented from viewing these parts, and any associated plans, drawings, inspections when they access the system to provide support.
2. Drawing Encryption: With this feature enabled, customers can ensure that any drawings marked as ITAR are stored encrypted.
To ensure your drawings are stored encrypted:
1. Request the ITAR Encryption feature be activated for your account by the 1factory team.
2. Once the feature is activated, all admins will see a notification across the top of the screen (once they log in) reminding them to set an encryption key.
3. The encryption key is owned by you (the customer organization), and is not visible or accessible to 1factory. NOTE: 1factory employees will never ask you for this key, and you should not provide this key to individuals outside your organization.
4. You can set your encryption key under Settings.
5. The Encryption key can be any combination of letters, numbers and special characters
6. You will need to periodically re-enter this key as we do not save the key to the database and it's erased from memory when the servers are re-booted for upgrades. We typically deploy upgrades once or twice a week, and Admins will see a notification reminding them to re-enter the encryption key after we've rebooted the servers.
NOTE: You are re-entering the same key each time!
6. After the key has been entered, any drawings you upload (and any files you add to the Documents tab in the Plan) will be stored encrypted.
7. For any plans you've already created in 1factory, simply re-upload the drawing (after setting the File Encryption key) to ensure it's stored encrypted. The re-upload process removes the unencrypted drawing and replaces it with the encrypted drawing.
1. Please do not lose the key. We do not have any way of decrypting files if you lose the key.