The Business Requirement:
How should we partition data into Orgs (or divisions)?
1. We start with a Parent Org; For example, the Parent Org = General Motors. The Parent org has a number of Subsidiary Orgs. Here's an example:
3. Users can be added to the Parent Org or Subsidiary Orgs
- Any users added to the Parent Org can switch between the Parent and any Subsidiary Orgs
- However, any users added to the Subsidiary Orgs can only work within their org (i.e. cannot switch Orgs)
4. Your list of Suppliers can be added to the Parent Org and inherited by the subsidiary orgs, or separated out by Individual Orgs.
5. Data Sharing, and Supplier Dashboards will work at the Subsidiary level. Suppliers can share data with the relevant Subsidiary Org, and each subsidiary org will have its own Supplier Quality dashboard.