The bulk import function allows you to import multiple QC plans at once from a single excel workbook. Two templates are attached to the bottom of this page, copy this format for smooth uploading.
Before uploading your plans, you will first need to upload all your part masters so that your new plans will have parts with which to be associated. So first, use the Excel workbook titled "Bulk Part Upload.xlsx" attached at the bottom of this page and follow step 1:
Step 1 - Bulk Part Master Upload
This sheet records the part masters, including the part meta data, or the information that goes in the header for each plan in 1Factory. Fill out the columns with the parts you would like to upload
- Part Number
- Cost (optional)
- Project/Program (optional)
Once this sheet is filled out with all your part master information, navigate to the "Part Master" section of 1factory and upload your sheet using the Excel upload button in the left-hand sidebar. (Note: you must be a 1factory admin to create part masters in this way)
Step 2 - Bulk Plan Upload
Now that your part masters are created, you can now bulk upload the specs for all of your associated plans.
1factory recognizes the following column labels:
- Part Number: The key that links specifications together under each individual plan. [Required]
- Rev - Part revision. Specs will only be matched and put into the same plan if their part number and revisions are identical. If you have a part with multiple revisions, record the separate revisions and multiple plans will be created.
- Balloon #: Use this field for balloon numbers e.g. 1,2,3,4... [REQUIRED]
- Sheet/Zone: Use this field to capture Sheet and Zone e.g. S1 A3 i.e. Sheet 1 zone A3.
- Characteristic: e.g. diameter, linear dimension, position etc. [REQUIRED] This is also where you fill in the text for a "Note" characteristic.
- Specification: e.g. 1.005 +/-.001 OR 7.590 ± 0.003 (***See Parsing Specifications below for formatting instructions)
- Places: This is the number of times the feature occurs on a part. E.g. a hole may be repeated 2 times, and will be denoted on the drawing as 3x.
- Characteristic type: Must be one of the following types: Nom+/-Tol, GD&T, Basic, Min - Max, Note, Nom++Tol, Nom--Tol, Reference [REQUIRED]
- Data Type: NUM (i.e. a numeric measurement), P/F (Pass/Fail or Go/ No Go)
- Bonus Tol.: Accepts one of three values MMC, RFS, LMC
- Descriptor: Text that follows a specification. For GD&T specs this is where the datums go e.g. A (M)|B | C. For other specs, this is where instructions go e.g. THRU HOLE.
- UoM: e.g. mm, inch, degrees etc.
- Key: Is the characteristic critical-to-quality, yes/no?
- Label: A name for a key characteristic.
- Dim. Type: Accepts 4 values: STD (standard), MFG (manufacturing), DVN (deviation), or blank (which defaults to STD)
- Inspection Method: A free-form text field for inspection method. E.g. Caliper, CMM, etc.
- Work Instructions: A free-form field to add work-instructions. A future release will allow you to upload pdfs.
- Sampling: This field includes the Sampling Plan name and the desired AQL. E.g. C=0 1.0 or Z1.4_II 0.65. It could also include other sampling rules, such as 1 per lot, 1 in 5, 100% etc.
- Attachment: Attachments are by default "optional: i.e. they can always be uploaded along with inspections. However, in some cases attachments may be mandatory i.e. "required".
- Operation: e.g. Op 10, Milling etc.
- Inspection Types [optional]: A column for each inspection type you use. Headers named "INSP_TYPE [type name]", i.e. "INSP_TYPE Setup" or "INSP_TYPE In Process", etc. Cell values are formatted in the following manner:
If the spec will not be checked in the inspection type, simply type "N,,"
Or if you don't want to define the inspection method or sampling rule, "Y,," is also acceptable. See attachment "1Factory QC Plan Import Template - With Inspection Types.xlsx" for more examples of including inspection type information in your plan imports. (Find attachment at the bottom of this page)
1factory accepts specifications in the following formats:
- Nominal +/-Tol: e.g. 0.350+/-0.005
- Nominal ± Tol: e.g. 7.590 ± 0.003
- Nominal +Tol -Tol: e.g. 1.000 +0.002 -0.001
- Geometric Tolerance (i.e. +Tol): e.g. 0.005 [Must be entered in the +Tol field]
- Min only: 300 Min
- Max only: 20 Max
- Min, Max: e.g. 80, 90
- Min / Max: 11.5 / 13
- Min — Max: 11.5 — 13 (must be this large "em dash")
- Nominal, Min, Max: e.g. 5, 4, 6
- Nom + Tol + Tol: 15 +.10 +.05 (Nom, Upper Tol, Lower Tolerance)
- Nom - Tol - Tol: 15 -.02 -.07 (Nom, Upper Tol, Lower Tolerance)
- For "Note" types: Fill in the characteristic column, not the specification column