To add a New Gage:
1. Populate the following List of Values:
- Types e.g. Caliper, CMM, Micrometer, Strain Gage etc.
- Makes e.g. Mitutoyo, Starrett etc.
- Location e.g. Tool Crib, Work center 1 etc.
- Calibration Vendors e.g. In-house, Xprs-Cal, Pro-Cal etc.
2. Navigate to the "Gage Calibration" tile within the "Gages" tab
3. Click on the green Add Gage button, and enter:
- Gage ID (the unique ID you have assigned to this gage e.g. G1023)
- Gage Serial Number (inscribed on gage by manufacturer e.g. M2304-5689-0377)
- Make (the name of the manufacturer e.g. Mitutoyo)
- Gage Type (select from List of Values e.g. Micrometer)
4. If you are adding a brand new gage, click on the Calibration tab, then click on New Calibration to set the following fields:
- Calibration Date: For a new gage, set it to today's date
- Condition Before: In-Spec
- Condition After: In-Spec
- Action Taken: None
- Frequency: 12 Months (or as needed)
5. 1factory will calculate the next Calibration Due Date based on the calibration date and frequency you set above.