In today's upgrade, we deployed some new features (listed below), along with a series of infrastructural upgrades that further improve system performance.
1. "N" Parts First Article (FAI)
You can now create "Standard" FAIs with up to 5 parts. Simply declare the number of parts to be inspected in the New FAI slide-out.
2. Visual Work Instructions
There are a number of changes to the instructions field on a QC Plan:
1. We've moved the instructions to their own slide-out panel, which can be accessed by clicking on the wrench icon at the end of the row (highlighted in blue below).
2. Instructions can now include both text and an image. To insert an image, click on "Select Image", then "Upload Image". Then, you can upload one or more images from your desktop, select the image you want to insert, and click "Save".
3. Inspection History
We have added a history tab to inspections. The history tab will capture and reflect changes made to inspection meta data and approval status.
4. Inspection Approval Settings
We have also added new Inspection approval settings:
1. If you do not need manager/supervisor approval for each inspection, change this setting to No.
2. To automatically filter out approved inspections, change this setting to No.
Under Report Settings, you'll be able to select one of three options shown below. In all three cases, the Excel data cells are formatted as "Number".
- Data As Entered; No Rounding: Excel Report is output with exactly the number of places entered; there is no rounding.
- Inferred from Spec Tolerance; ASTM Rounding: The number of places to be displayed in the report is inferred from the Nominal and Tolerance provided in the spec. e.g. A spec of Dia 1.500 +/-.005 will result in a display of three decimal places in the output report. Data Rounding will follow ASTM rules.
- Set Manually in Spec; ASTM Rounding: The number of places to be displayed in the report is set by the user in the Add Spec slide-out on the QC Plan. (You'll see an additional Report Precision field in the Add-Spec slide-out). Data Rounding will follow ASTM rules.
Note: The raw data download from the spreadsheet/matrix data-entry screen is always output with exactly the number of places entered, and without rounding.
As always, we are available to answer any questions. We also welcome any feedback related to these or other changes. You can reach us at the email or number below.