|Over the last few weeks we've made a number of enhancements to the system. Here's a summary of the changes / new features.
1. Enhancements to PDF Drawing Reading
Previously, our drawing reading algorithm would detect dimensions that were oriented either horizontally or vertically. With last week's release, we can now read dimensions (or text) at an angle as shown in the example below.2. QC Plans by Production Stage
Previously, you could only create one quality control plan per Part Number & Rev combination. Now, you can create a quality control plan for each stage of production.
For example, if you make crankshafts, you may follow a four-stage process: Forging, Machining, Special Processing (Heat Treatment), Grinding. Each stage can now have its own QC Plan, each plan can have sub-operations (Op #), and each feature can be assigned to one or more inspection types.
There will now be four QC Plans in the system: one for each stage of the manufacturing process as shown below:
Stages can be defined under List of Values, and then assigned to QC Plans. Detailed step-by-step instructions are available in help.3. Security: IP Address Restrictions
If you need to prevent users from logging-in from outside your organization's network, you can now restrict IP addresses.
1. Click on your name in the top-right-hand-corner
2. Click on IP Addresses
3. Then enter the IP addresses (individual addresses) or IP address ranges in CIDR format. 4. Security: SOC2 Type1 Report
In addition to the visible feature improvements above, we've been hard at work to ensure data security. We are pleased to report that we successfully completed and received our SOC2 Type1 report with a clean report opinion from our auditors.
The SOC2 audit covered the Security and Confidentiality Trust Services Criteria as defined by AICPA. These include:
- Security. Information and systems are protected against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure of information, and damage to systems that could compromise the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of information or systems and affect the entity’s ability to meet its objectives.
- Availability. Information and systems are available for operation and use to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Processing integrity. System processing is complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Confidentiality. Information designated as confidential is protected to meet the entity’s objectives.
- Privacy. Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed, and disposed to meet the entity’s objectives.
As always, we are available to answer any questions. We also welcome any feedback related to these or other changes. You can reach us at the email or number below.