Over the last few weeks, we have deployed the following new features:
1. Default Tolerances: inch, mm (ISO 2768) and custom:
Example 1: MM Fine selected
In this case, both the ranges and the associated tolerances are pre-defined. All you have to do is select "mm (ISO) fine" and click save.
Example 2: Custom Tolerances selected
In this case, you must define both the range and the associated tolerance as shown below. The range is shown as "from value - to value".
2. Cavity / Station Number:
If you are an injection molding manufacturer with multi-cavity tools, or if you are a manufacturer with multi-station or multi-spindle tools:
- You can now record the cavity / station / spindle number during data entry to ensure complete traceability. This field can be activated under settings.
- You can then filter the data for analysis by cavity / station / spindle and view the corresponding run charts, histograms, and process capability (Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk) statistics to compare performance. This filter is available under the Feature Performance dashboard.
We have also made a number of improvements to the AVL capability, including:
- Org: The Org field is now multi-select which supports the use case that one supplier may be supplying parts to more than one org or division.
- Certs: You can add a list of certifications under List of Values, and assign the required certs to each supplier. The system will help track cert expiry dates.
A Reminder: Filtering by Date Created
You can filter the List of all Inspections (Manufacturing, Receiving, and FAI), and the List of NCRs, CAPAs, SCARS, and Audits by Date Created.
Simply type the range into the search box as shown below:
Note: Dates must be in MM-DD-YYYY format.
As always, we are available to answer any questions. We also welcome any feedback related to these or other changes. You can reach us at the email or number below.