Improvements to NCR, CAPA, SCAR functionality
This release, scheduled for Wednesday Aug 2, 2017, includes many fixes and enhancements driven entirely by your feedback. Please take a minute to review the list below.
1. Added Multiple NCR Problem Types: A single NCR may have multiple problems, and you can now select multiple problem types (1 to n).
For example, a defective batch from a supplier may have three problems: Dimensional Errors, Missing Paper Work, and Incorrect Packaging. You can now select all three problems under Problem Type.
Please NOTE: Each problem type will be counted independently for the NCR charts. So even though you may have one NCR, you will see a count of three on the charts page for the example above.
2. Removed "Verify Effectiveness": We have removed the "Verify Effectiveness" box from the NCR form, and combined it's content with the Corrective Action box. (The "Verify Effectiveness" box remains on the CAPA and SCAR forms.)
3. Added "MRB Meeting Minutes / Notes": We have added a new box for capturing Meeting Minutes and other NCR contextual information on the "More" tab.
4. Powerful NCR / CAPA / SCAR Search: Now you can search on ALL fields even if the fields are not visible on the List of NCRs (or List of CAPAs or SCARs pages).
5. NCR Charts in Descending Order: The NCR charts are now true Pareto charts, with Problem Types in descending order of occurrences.
6. Drill-Down from Chart to Associated NCRs:
Clicking on a bar in the NCR chart opens the List of NCRs filtered by the selected Problem Type. (The list is opened in a new tab so you can conveniently toggle back-and-forth between the chart and the list)
7. Link-Back from NCR to Original Inspection:
We have added a link from NCR to inspection from which the NCR was created.
8. Link-back from CAPA or SCAR to original NCR:
We have added a link from the CAPA and SCAR to the NCR from which the CAPA or SCAR were created.
(Note: this functionality will only work for new CAPAs and SCARs created from NCRs after Wed Aug 2, 2017. Previously created CAPAs and SCARs will not have a working link-back to the source NCR.)
9: Added MRB Disposition categories:
We have added two new disposition categories: "No Defect" and "Repair". Here is our recommended usage for each category:
10. Wrapping Text for Notes in MRB Disposition:
- Use-As-Is: Use this category if you have engineering permission to use the product "as-is", typically with an approved deviation.
- "Scrap": The material should be scrapped at either buyer or supplier expense.
- "Return": Return material to vendor (often referred to as R-T-V) for a refund.
- "Rework": Rework the part to original state as specified on the drawing.
- "Repair": Rework part to an acceptable state, but not necessarily per specification.
- "No-Defect": No defect found.
Now you can add long notes in the Notes section of the MRB Disposition table. The text will wrap, allowing you to easily read the entire text.
11. Improved NCR / CAPA reports:
All the new fields are included in the NCR reports. Text wrapping problems have been fixed (with the exception of very long text for which we have an open project under-way). We have also added the ability to download a zipped file which includes the NCR/CAPA report along with all associated attachments.
12. Added Tasks to SCARs:
You can now assign tasks from SCARs in just the same way as assigning tasks from NCRs and CAPAs.
13. Improved SCAR report/template:
The SCAR report/template has been improved, and is now a complete 8D template. Also, you can now preview the report before sending it on to the supplier.
14. Added a "Response" tab to SCARs:
Now you can add the supplier response (8D) as an attachment to the SCAR.
15: All Drop-Down lists are in alphabetical order, and auto-complete is enabled:
Team member names, problem types etc. are now in alphabetical order, and auto-complete has been enabled. As you start to type a name, 1factory will offer a short-list of matching names.
16. Improved Email Notifications:
When a task is assigned, the assignee receives a detailed email with the task description. Similarly, when a task is closed, the assigner receives an email which includes the task "resolution".
17. Open - Close - Reopen Tasks:
Tasks can now be opened, closed, and re-opened as needed. This is independent of the functionality to open-close-reopen NCRs themselves.
18. Copying Attachments from NCRs to CAPAs and SCARs:
When you create an NCR from a CAPA or from a SCAR, all the attachments (images, supporting documents etc.) are also copied over.
Of course, our job is not done. The following important improvements are still in-work:
1. Rich-text capability for the NCR / CAPA / SCAR problem description fields (i.e. the ability to format the text, and add objects such as tables, and images)
2. Handling of very long text in the excel report.
Next up on the release schedule is PPAP and improved First Article AS9102 functionality.
Oleg Nickolayev and Nipun Girotra