New Features: Replace Drawing, Simplified Gage ID Recording, Negative CMM Values, Improved Note Parsing, and Download All Data (All Inspections and All Features for One Part)
On Tuesday April 17, 2018, we deployed the following improvements:
1. Replace Drawing: If you need to replace a previously ballooned drawing, or if you accidentally imported the wrong drawing, you can now click on the replace drawing button and upload the new drawing. All balloons will be retained in their original locations. There will be no change to the associated QC Plan.
2. Simplified Gage ID Recording: In the old design, you had to select a column (a feature), and then click on the record Gage ID button to access the gage ID field. Unfortunately, this design was not optimal for inspections with many features.
In the new design, you click on the "Gage" tab on the Inspection Summary page and record Gage IDs for all features in one place. In fact, if you filter the Inspection Summary table (for example: by inspection method), the Gage ID table will also be filtered (by inspection method).
3. NEGATIVE CMM VALUES: Depending on the location of a feature relative to the CMM origin, you may end up with negative measurements. 1factory now converts these negative values into the corresponding absolute value and generates the appropriate Pass/Fail result.
4. IMPROVED NOTE PARSING: We have improved note parsing capability to correctly identify and parse notes that begin with decimal numbers. E.g. 1.11 Anodize per MIL-STD...
5. Download All Inspection Data for a Selected Part: Need data for all features, and all historical inspections for a selected part? Navigate to "Analytics", then select "Feature Performance", enter the part number. From the resulting table, click on "Excel" to get a complete data download.
As always, we would appreciate your feedback as you use these features. Let us know how they can be improved further.