Over the last two months, we've deployed multiple product enhancements. These include:
1. Changes to Tabulated Plans:
Some of you use our Tabulated parts feature. This feature is useful when the same product can be selected in multiple sizes, colors, finishes etc. Here's an example of a fitting that is available in multiple sizes. The table in the top-right corner shows the available options. Selecting variant 1001-1 (Part No. 1) gives you a different diameter than if you select variant 1001-3 (Part No. 3).
We have made multiple changes to how tabulated plans are created and displayed:
1. In the new design, "Tabulated" is now a selection made under Characteristic Type (it was previously under Data Type).
2. In the QC Plan table, you should see "TAB" in place of the nominal. This indicates that the Nominal value is read from the Table of Sizes (i.e. it is Tabulated)
3. We've made it easier to find tabulated plans. On the List of Plans page, if a plan is tabulated, it will show a check mark under TAB column. You can also search for any of the tabulated part numbers (often referred to as "dash number") from the search box.
4. Important: Please note that each variant part number must be unique.
2. Rotate QC Plan Drawing:
You can now rotate a drawing after uploading it into 1factory. Rotating the drawing triggers the drawing reading algorithm to rerun. This should resolve any drawing reading issues caused by incorrect drawing orientation.
-- The Rotate function is available under "Tools"
-- Clicking on Tools provides you access to Drawing Rotation:
-- You can also optionally replace the drawing from this tab if needed.
3. Scroll to Lot Size:
The inspection data entry pages will now load with number of rows displayed equal to the lot size.
-- For example, if you show Lot Size = 182
-- Data Entry pages will show 182 rows
4. Properties Tab Consolidation:
The selector to change the default tolerance table from inch to mm (fine), mm (coarse), or custom has been moved to the properties tab (was previously on the defaults tab)
As always, we are available to answer any questions. We also welcome any feedback related to these or other changes. You can reach us at the email or number below.