|Happy New Year! We hope the new year is off to a good start. Here's a list of new features built and released over the last three months:
1. FAI AS9102 Improvements
We have made a number of improvements to the AS9102 Form 1 and Form 3 screens.
(1) Header: We have redesigned the AS9102 Form 1 screen to include ALL the fields and make it easier to see where each piece of data comes from.
(2) Links: For an Assembly FAI, you may need to provide your customer the FAI reports for each of the components along with the FAI report for the assembly. We've therefore added a feature to "link" the component inspection reports to the parent/ assembly FAI report under "Links".
Once the FAIs are linked, when you download the Report "Package", the system will provide a ZIP file of the FAI reports for the Assembly as well as for each Component.
(3) Bill of Material: For an Assembly FAI, we now automatically populate the BoM if it has been previously added to the BoM under Part Masters. You can edit the BoM as needed.
(1) The Characteristic designator column has been separated from the Specification column, and will be populated with data from the Label field in the QC Plan. Typical Char. Des. field content includes: MAJOR, MINOR, CRITICAL etc.
(1) When you download the AS9102 report, Form 3 will show N/A for any field left blank.
2. Composite Plans (Beta Release**)
For most products, the components of an assembly are inspected separately prior to assembly. However, in certain use-cases, the final inspection of an assembly requires measurements to be made on the parameters of the parent and the parameters of its components after assembly.
Similarly, when products are modular and configurable, the parameters of the selected modules must be included in the final inspection report for that specific configuration.
In the example shown above, the 4-Speed and 6-Speed gear boxes share certain components (e.g. 1st Speed Gear Assembly, 2nd Speed Gear Assembly etc.).
To include the parameters of the components in the inspection for the Parent, set the Parent parts (i.e. the 4-Speed and 6-Speed Gear Boxes) to "Composite". Now, the inspections for the 4-Speed and 6-Speed Gear Boxes will include the parameters for the components.
3. Move Users between Orgs:
Organizations with multiple orgs (Plants or Divisions) can now transfer/move users between Orgs. In the example below, the users can be moved between the parent org (1factory), or any of the subsidiary orgs (Division A and Division B).
4. Business Process CAPAs:
A number of users requested the capability to manage Business Process CAPAs. i.e. to manage CAPAs not related to a single Part Number. For example, there may be a CAPA for segregation fo non-conforming material. To support this requirement, we've renamed and redesigned the "Audit" tile to broadly support all "Business Process CAPAs".
5. Date Formats:
Users may now set their own date formats by choosing between two options under settings:
-- US mm/dd/yyyy
-- European dd/mm/yyyy
6. Hyperlink Work Instructions:
You can now add Hyperlinks (urls) to Work Instruction on Plans. When the Work instructions are opened from within Inspections, the user can click on the URL to access the associated Work Instruction file or video.
7. Serial Number Uniqueness (Beta Release**):
1factory can now optionally check for Serial Number Uniqueness. If Serial Numbers are repeated either within an inspection or across inspections for the same Part number, the system will show a warning:
8. NCR (Non-conformance) Cost Analysis:
You can now change the Y-Axis of the NCR charts to display Cost instead of number of NCRs. In the example below, you can see a Pareto of Cost (y-axis) by Part Number (x-axis).
9. NCR Aging:
We now display the Age (in Days) of each NCR under the classification view.
10. Calculated Specs (BETA RELEASE**)
You can now create calculated specs in 1factory. In the example below, Spec #3 is the average of Spec #1 and Spec #2 expressed as (#1/2 + #2/2).
11. Capacity Analysis
Want to know how many parts will need to be measured on a CMM in the coming weeks? Afraid of running out of capacity? Now you can do a quick capacity analysis to see how many parts from each inspection will travel to the CMM.
Under Analytics -> Capacity Analysis: Select the Inspection Method, and then enter the upcoming Work Orders and Lot Sizes to calculate the number of Parts or Measurements you'll need to make.
12. Traceability (BETA RELEASE**)
The new Traceability module allows you to associate the serial numbers or batch numbers of components with the serial number or batch number of the parent assembly.
For example, a serialized Gear Box assembly may require the following traceability information:
Gear Box [Parent] - S/N: 10001
-- First Speed Gear [Component] - S/N: FS-0023
-- Second Speed Gear [Component] - S/N: SS-0041
-- Oil [Component] - Batch: OL-2212
In the event of a warranty complaint or a recall, you can easily look up which components went to which final assemblies. This makes it easy to determine the scope of recalls.
13. Deprecated / Retired Features:
And finally, we have removed the following features as they were conflicting with other product features and enhancements:
- Graded Specs
** BETA RELEASE: Please reach out to us if you would like to try any of the beta released features listed above.
And, as always, we are available to answer any questions. We also welcome any feedback related to these or other changes. You can reach us at the email or number below.